Enterprise Terms & Conditions - Canada
The below T&Cs (including prices and taxes) are provided by Enterprise and may change without notice to VroomVroomVroom.ca.
This quote includes:
- All taxes, airport taxes and surcharges if applicable.
- Stated mileage amount (generally unlimited, see below for extra mileage charges).
- Vehicle Registration fee
- One way fees if applicable
- All vehicle fees related to the booking e.g. Vehicle drop fees, all recovery fees, premium location fees, corporate location fees wherever applicable.
This quote will not include:
- Insurance (See next paragraph*)
- Child seats or booster seats (can be purchased after confirmation for generally CAD 9.00 to CAD 11.00 per day) /CAD 65.00 Max/Rental.
- GPS cost is around CAD 10 to CAD 15 per day.
- Extra miles (if your rental has limited mileage, each additional kilometer over the limit will be charged and is CAD 0.15 for each additional kilometer ).
- An age surcharge of approximately CAD 10.00 -CAD 15.00 per day for renters under 25 years of age (can vary location to location).
- Additional driver fee averages CAD 10.00 per day per additional driver.
- Any extras signed up for upon arrival, e.g. vehicle snow equipment.
- All extras and additional services will attract additional local percentage taxes and surcharges. Prices below are exclusive of these as they vary state to state.
* Important information about car rental insurance
For US citizens
Some US credit cards and personal car insurance policies do provide car rental insurance so please check with your credit card provider and personal auto insurance policy for details.
Visiting the US from another country
It is illegal to drive in the US without car insurance. Your travel insurance probably only covers the excess so check the fine print in your travel insurance policy.
For more information please see our U.S. car rental insurance guide.
Enterprise Terms and Conditions or see Enterprise for further details
All extras and additional services will attract additional local percentage taxes and surcharges. Prices below are exclusive of these as they vary state to state.
- Meet the renting location's minimum age requirements.
- Have a valid driver's license.
- Have a major credit card in their name at the time of rental or meet the locations cash qualification requirements.
- Enterprise Locations require a rental deposit in addition to the cost of rental amount.
- To avoid a youthful driver fee, the primary renter and any additional drivers of the vehicle must be at least 25 years of age.
- Minimum age to rent a vehicle is 21 years of age. Age surcharge will apply.
- Rental rates may be higher for renters between the ages of 21 and 24.
- Certain specialty and larger sized vehicles may not be rented to drivers under the age of 25.
Renters between 21-24 are subject to Underage Surcharge of around CAD 15.00 per day plus local tax and surcharge. Renters 21 through 24 years of age may only rent economy through full size cars.
Additional drivers are allowed with the following criteria being met:
- All additional drivers must meet the locations renter requirements.
- Additional drivers must present a valid driver's license.
- Additional drivers must appear at the rental counter with the primary renter.
- Additional drivers must present a major credit card in their name at the time of rental, or meet the locations cash qualifications requirements.
- An additional daily fee will apply for additional drivers.
- Additional drivers will be added at the rental location.
- This fee will vary by regions but "typically" averages CAD 10.00 per day per additional driver and applies to any additional driver except the following:
- There is no additional driver fee in the US or Canada for authorised drivers. Authorised drivers would be a spouse or domestic partner (either same or opposite sex) who meets the locations rental requirements.
- There is no additional fee in the US or Canada for one surrogate driver for a mobility impaired renter.
At the time of rental, a credit card must be presented with available credit, in the renter's name. In addition to the anticipated cost of the rental, an additional amount may be required. The signature on the back must match the name imprinted on the card and the signature on the rental agreement. In addition, if the renter reserved online, the name printed on the card presented by renter must match the name booked for the online transaction and identification presented.
International renters must have a valid driver's license and a major credit card.
The following credit cards are accepted for rentals in Canada: American Express, MasterCard, and VISA.
Payment Policy - Debit Card
When renting in Canada a credit card in the name of the renter must be presented at the time of rental. Debit/check cards are considered to be any non-credit card bearing the VISA, MasterCard or Discover Card logo. Any non-credit card without the VISA, MasterCard or Discover Card logo is not accepted.
US bank issued Debit/Check cards are accepted as a form of payment at return provided they DO NOT require a Personnel Identification Number (PIN).
Canadian bank issued Debit/Check cards that require the use of a PIN are NOT accepted as a form of payment.
Deposits can vary at each location. Once you have a confirmed booking, send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org we'll check it out for you, we'll answer in one business day.Drivers License
- License must be issued from the State/Province of Residence.
- License may not be expired.
- No Learners Permits or photocopies of any kind.
- A temporary DL will not be accepted.
- License must be inspected at the time of rental.
- International renters must have a valid driver's license and a major credit card.
As stated above, expired Driver's Licenses are not accepted. The only exception to this practice is a renter that is Active Military, with an Active Military ID and a Driver's License issued from a state with a Military Extension Policy.
Residents of the Province of Ontario, Canada must hold a G2 License.
- License must be issued from the Country of Residence.
- All drivers must have a valid non-expired driving license and photographic identification to be produced at the time of rental.
- Two part license holders must produce both parts.
- International Drivers Permit required if the license is not in English
If the driver's license is in a language other than English, but the characters are in English (i.e.alphabet is an extended Latin-based alphabet like German, Spanish, etc.), an International Driver's Permit is recommended but not required.
Please Note: An International Driver's Permit is a translation of the individual's home country driver's license and is not an indication of the status, restrictions or type of license the individual holds.
If the driver's license is in a language other than English and the characters are not in the English language (i.e. Russian, Chinese, etc.) an International Driver's Permit is required.
Please Note: Customers are not allowed to rent a vehicle with only an International Driver's Permit.
Enterprise vehicles are not allowed to travel into Canada or Mexico unless:
- You have a corporate contract agreement that allows travel into these countries.
- A branch located close to the border may allow limited travel into Canada or Mexico; you must contact the branch directly to determine limitations and availability.
- Not all locations allow travel into Mexico. For travel into Mexico you will be required to purchase Insurance covering the rental vehicle while in Mexico.
- Mexican citizens may not take US owned rental vehicles into Mexico at any time.
Travel Out of State
- You may travel within the state you are renting the vehicle. Typically the states that directly border the renting state are also allowed but you will need to confirm with the location.
- Mileage will be unlimited when the vehicle remains within the renting state and any allowed bordering states. However, if wanting to travel outside of those states, mileage is restricted and can result in an additional charge per mile.
- You will need to contact the Enterprise branch where you picked up the vehicle to discuss the availability of an extension.
- You will not be able to add additional days on-line once you have picked up your rental vehicle.
- When a customer wishes to extend a rental, the additional charges will be paid directly to the renting location at the current local rate. The original rate of rental is not guaranteed for the extended portion of the rental term.
- At all location: Before returning; you may refuel the vehicle to the same fuel level you received when you picked up the vehicle.
- At airport locations: You may refuel or opt to pre-pay for fuel. You can avoid the hassle of having to fuel up the vehicle before returning.
Please Note: Prepaid fuel is only sold in full tanks at the discounted price per gallon and is not refundable. Local fuel rates will vary by the area you are renting a vehicle.
If a renter chooses not to refuel the vehicle they will be charged the local Enterprise rate which is typically above the local pump price.
- As the customer you are responsible for complying with all applicable seat belt and child restraint laws.
- The correct and complete manufacturer's instruction manual will be secured to the child safety seat for your reference. Please advise the rental representative if for some reason the instruction manual is not attached.
- Customers must install child safety seats themselves.
- Employees of Enterprise may not install the child safety seats; but they carry them to your rental vehicle.
Listed below you will find the types and sizing, as classified by the manufacturer, of seats offered (or similar NHTSA DOT approved child restraint systems) that will be available at most airport locations:
Infant Seat: Safety 1st (Model #22-323) - 5-point harness, designed for children 5-22 lbs. and 19"-22" in height.
Convertible Seat: Cosco Scenera Convertible Car Seat (Model #22-160) - 5-point harness, rear facing 5-35 lbs, forward facing 22-40 lbs
High Back Booster: Cosco Pronto Belt-Positioning Booster Car Seat (Model #22-491) - Used with vehicle lap and shoulder belt, 30-100 lbs
No Back Booster: Cosco Ambassador No-Back Booster Seat (Model #22-293) - Used with vehicle lap and shoulder belt, 30-100 lbs, 34"-57" in height
Please Note: Child Safety Seats may not be available at all locations.
If you need additional information contact VroomVroomVroom.ca by sending an email to email@example.com, requesting the child seat and advising the age of the child.
The TollPass Program offered in these regions is a service which allows the customer to drive through a designated toll express lane and pay electronically.
When one of our rental vehicles passes through a designated toll express lane and generates an unpaid toll, the toll and any applicable TollPass Convenience Charge will be charged to the same credit/debit card that is used to rent the vehicle.
Entrprise offers the TollPass Convenience Charge, this is a CAD 2.95 charge for each day you use a toll express lane on roadways covered by our TollPass provider, up to a maximum of CAD 14.75 per rental, plus the cost of all unpaid tolls.
Insurance Coverage offered by Enterprise
Damage Waiver (DW)
Damage Waiver (DW) is offered at the time of rental for an additional daily charge. If the renter accepts DW, Enterprise waives or reduces the renter's responsibility for loss of, or damage to, the rental vehicle subject to the Terms and Conditions of the rental agreement and applicable laws. DW is not insurance. the purchase of DW is optional and not required to rent a car. The protection provided by DW may duplicate the renter's existing coverage. Enterprise is not qualified to evaluate the adequacy of the renter's existing coverage; therefore the renter should examine his or her credit card protections, automobile insurance policies or other sources of coverage that may duplicate the protection provided by DW. The CDW is around CAD 20 to CAD 25 per day.
Personal Accident Insurance / Personal Effects Coverage (PAI/PEC)
Personal Accident Insurance / Personal Effects Coverage (PAI/PEC) is offered at the time of rental for an additional daily charge. If accepted the PAI contained in the policy provides renter and renter's passengers with accidental death, accident medical expenses and ambulance expense benefits. The PEC contained in the policy insures the personal effects of the renter, additional drivers, or any member of the renter's immediate family who permanently resides in the renter's household and who is traveling with the renter against risks of loss or damage. Benefits are payable in addition to any other insurance coverage the renter or passengers may have. This is a summary only. PAI/ PEC are subject to the provisions, limitations and exclusions of the PAI/PEC policy underwritten by empire fire and marine insurance company. The purchase of PAI/PEC is optional and not required to rent a car. The coverage provided by PAI/PEC may duplicate the renter's existing coverage. Enterprise is not qualified to evaluate the adequacy of the renter's existing coverage; therefore the renter should examine his or her personal insurance policies or other sources of coverage that may duplicate the coverage provided by PAI/PEC. The PAI/PEC is around CAD 6.99 per day.
Roadside Assistance (RAP)
Enterprise offers roadside assistance protection at select locations. RAP allows enterprise customers to waive financial responsibility for chargeable roadside incidents such as lost keys, lockouts, and fuel outages. RAP can be added for 3.99 us or Canadian dollars per day. . Road side assistance protection offers these services: flat tire, jump start, lockout service, fuel delivery, and key replacement. NOTE: in NY, CA, NV, and KS the cost of the key will not be covered, only the service to deliver the key or perform the lockout service. . Roadside assistance protection is void and of no effect if, at the time of the incident necessitating roadside assistance, you or any authorized driver were in violation of the rental agreement, including, without limitation, the prohibited uses and violations set forth therein. In such cases, roadside assistance will be available, but standard charges may apply.
Please check with the rental location or feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org - we'll call the depot for you!
We'll answer your email in one business day.