Finding a Cheap Car Rental in Victoria is Quick and Easy
VroomVroomVroom makes the task of finding the cheapest rates on rental cars simple, hence, if you will be spending time in the city, you will want to book a cheap car rental in Victoria. It's the smart choice because it ensures that you have freedom to move around the area (and the rest of the island) during your stay!
6 easy steps on booking a rental car with us
- First, determine the dates and times you will need your car hire, and then fill in the search form above. Don't worry if you are still unsure of the date or time because you can cancel or modify your booking when needed. We won't charge you for that.
- You will be taken to a full listing of all the rental cars available in Victoria or Victoria Airport.
- Pick a car rental that you feel best fits your budget and needs. You could choose the cheapest car hire in Victoria, or compare prices of certain kinds of vehicles.
- Once you've chosen, just fill out the booking page by submitting the required details.
- Once it's completed and submitted, you will receive an instant confirmation email or SMS.
- The final step is to pay upon pickup of your car rental in Victoria or at the airport then explore the beautiful attractions and to take in all that gorgeous scenery!
Top attractions and things to do in Victoria
Victoria is the governing capital of British Columbia, and has been a capital city since British settlement in the 1840's. Many historic buildings and landmarks can be seen as you trek around Victoria in your rental car. These include the British Columbia Parliament Buildings (finished in 1897) and the Empress hotel (which opened in 1908). Victoria is a relatively small city, especially in the context of Vancouver to its north, and America's Seattle – across the border to Victoria's southeast. About 80,000 live in Victoria proper, with another 1/4 of a million populating its metropolitan area.
This area is an extremely popular for tourists and locals, since there are many movie theatres, stage theatres, restaurants, pubs, nhightclubs and shops. Some of the attractions in the area are the Bastion Square, Centennial Square and the Market Square. It is the perfect place to start the evening and have a lot of fun in one of the many venues.
The Pacific Undersea Gardens
The undersea gardens is a truly unique adventure in Victoria for the whole family. Visitors to the lower area of the vessel descend 15 feet beneath the ocean to watch a variety of marine plants and animals. There are more than 5000 animals of different species that inhabit the aquariums around the vessel in a natural but protected environment. It is a fun and educational experience for visitors of all ages.
Learn more interesting things about the history, culture and civilization of the area by visiting the Craigdarroch Castle. Once you have entered the Scottish castle, you can visit 39 rooms, lavishly furnished in the 1890-1900s period, and enjoy the ambiance once you climb the 87 stairs to the tower. There you will see fabulous views of Victoria and the Olympic Mountains. The house and the gardens offer a great vacation experience for individuals and families alike.
The Victoria Clipper carries any passenger (no rental car – you'll have to park it) back and forth to Seattle in the States, operating daily and year-round. It's about 100 kilometers for the voyage. Or you could take the shorter ferry boat ride to Port Angeles (also in Washington State), which is about 40 kilometers.
Beacon Hill Park
Victoria's most popular urban park is located next to the southern shore of Vancouver Island. Beacon Hill Park is Victoria's playground – offering large open fields, a petting zoo, manicured gardens, exotic sights like wild peacocks, and beautiful vistas that overlook the Strait of Juan de Fuca. In the distance on a clear day you'll see the Olympic mountains.
Take a rental car to a bike rental business and take advantage of Victoria's mild climate, bike lanes and bicycling paths, such as Galloping Goose Regional Trail. Other fun outdoors activities await you, just a quick drive in your rental car away, including rock climbing, hiking, kayaking and golf!