Best Rental Car for Winter Driving in Canada
Will you be renting a car in Canada this winter? For those who are new to driving in winter conditions, it can be difficult to find the perfect car for your needs. VroomVroomVroom shares with you a list of the best and most popular rental cars and important winter tips to get the most out of your Canadian road trip.
Best car brands for winter driving
- Honda CR-V - This mid-size crossover makes an excellent ride of choice for driving in the snow. It is fuel-efficient and comfortable for the whole family. Fuel economy can easily reach into the 30s, and thanks to a roomy interior, the Honda CR-V looks bigger than it is.
- Kia Sorento - This family SUV comes with power, capability, and most standard features. With all-wheel-drive (AWD) available across the range (except base L trim), the Sorento is definitely a steal for its size.
- Subaru Crosstrek - The Subaru Crosstrek is equipped with Yakima ski and snowboard racks, making them perfect for a ski trip. Furthermore, their advanced AWD system offers you more security in icy conditions and winter weather.
- Jeep Patriot - This vehicle offers extra roomy interiors, leaving loads of space for your gear.
- Mazda CX-9 - Another vehicle that will get you through the winter with ease and confidence is this compact crossover. With excellent fuel-economy and enough space for your luggage, this car is a perfect winter car for your next trip.
- Ford Fusion - Are you after a reliable mid-size car? A Ford Fusion is powered by a 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine or 2.5-liter 4-cylinder, making it a top performer when the going gets snowy.
Most popular winter rental cars in Canada
Based on VroomVroomVroom data, check out what our customers prefer renting during winter:
- Dodge Grand Cara (14.69%)
- Toyota Camry (10.96%)
- Chrysler Sedan (6.94%)
- Kia Rio (6.63%)
- Toyota Corolla (4.55%)
- Toyota Yaris (3.93%)
- Chevy Malibu (3.77%)
- Jeep Compass (3.75%)
- Chevrolet (3.74%)
- Mazda Cx9 (3.56%)
Note: Results were based on VroomVroomVroom's car rental bookings (Dec. 21, 2017 to March 20, 2018).