Alamo Terms & Conditions - Canada
This quote includes:
- All taxes, airport taxes and surcharges if applicable,
- Stated mileage amount (generally unlimited, see below for extra mileage charges)
- Vehicle Registration fee,
- One way fees if applicable
- All vehicle fees related to the booking e.g. Vehicle drop fees, all recovery fees, premium location fees, corporate location fees wherever applicable.
This quote will not include:
- Insurance (See next paragraph*)
- The age surcharge of around $25* for drivers 21-24 years old across Canada.
- Additional driver fee of around $10* per day which can vary per location.
- Child seats or booster seats (can be purchased after confirmation for generally $10.99* per day)- varies per location.
- GPS cost is around $12.99* per day which can vary per location.
- Extra kms if your rental includes limited mileage. Extra km charge varies across locations in Canada. Email email@example.com so we can check for you.
- Any extras signed up for upon arrival, e.g. vehicle snow equipment, GPS.
* All extras and additional services will attract additional local percentage taxes and surcharges. Prices below are exclusive of these as they vary state to state.
* Important information about car rental insurance
For US citizens
Some US credit cards and personal car insurance policies do provide car rental insurance so please check with your credit card provider and personal auto insurance policy for details.
Visiting the US from another country
It is illegal to drive in the US without car insurance. Your travel insurance probably only covers the excess so check the fine print in your travel insurance policy.
For more information please see our U.S. and Canada car rental insurance guide.
Important: Most airport locations, services are limited and restricted to deplaning passengers only. Customers must present current airline ticket or boarding pass at time of rental.
Payment - Major Credit Card
A credit card, with available credit and in the renter's name, must be presented. The signature on the back must match the name imprinted on the card. In addition, if the renter has an online transaction, the number and name printed on the card presented by renter must match the name and number stored for the online transaction.
The following credit cards are accepted for rentals in Canada: American Express®, MasterCard®, VISA®.
Some locations may not accept each of the referenced cards.
Not accepted at all locations. Debit/check cards are considered to be any non-credit card bearing the VISA, MasterCard or Discover Card logo. Any other non-credit card without one of these logos is not accepted.
Most locations require 2 pieces of Government issued identification from the renter including driver's license.
At least one piece of identification must have a picture of the renter.
International renters must have a valid driver's license and a major credit card.
Once you have a confirmed booking send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org we'll check it out for you, We'll answer in one business day.
In order to rent an Alamo vehicle, a valid driver's license from the customer's country of residence is required and must be presented at time of rental.
The driver's license must be valid for the entire rental period.
International renters must present a valid license from their country of residence. If the driver's license is in a language other than English, an International Driver's Permit is required in conjunction with the country of residence driver's license.
- All additional drivers must meet all rental requirements.
- Additional drivers must appear at the rental counter with the primary renter.
- Additional drivers must sign the rental agreement.
- An additional daily fee may apply for any Additional Drivers.
- The additional driver can only be added to the contract at the pick-up location.
Rental rates may be higher for renters and additional drivers under the age of 25.
Underage Surcharge is $25.00 per day.
Certain specialty and larger sized vehicles may not be available for rentals when the renter or additional driver is under 25.
Alamo features child restraint systems that conform to government standards. Cost is $10.99 per day.
Infant seat is a rearward-facing seat recommended for infants 5-20lbs.
Child safety seat is a convertible seat -for toddlers 20 to 40 pounds.
Seat Features: 5-point harness with two-piece harness retainer and front harness lock. Large labeled seatbelt paths with locking clips. Upholstered with either vinyl or cloth, based on availability.
Rear-facing or reclining for infants up to 30 pounds; forward-facing for toddlers 20 to 40 pounds.
Child booster seats - The booster seat is designed for children that are not large enough for a seat belt. This seat will raise the child and allow the seat belt to rest across the collar bone and chest.
Child seat rates in YQR is $8.00 per day
Contact VroomVroomVroom.ca by sending an email to email@example.com, requesting the child seat and advising the age of the child.
When a customer wishes to extend a rental, the additional charges will be paid directly to the renting location at the current local rate. The original rate of rental is not guaranteed for the extended portion of the rental term.
These can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or easier still - reply to your confirmation email. Currently, costs are around $12.99 per day plus local tax and surcharges.
Thunder Bay Intl airport (YQT) is from $9.95 per day. Montreal Stanley St - $11.99 per day
Contact VroomVroomVroom.ca by sending an email to email@example.com requesting GPS information, and our team will reply in one business day.
Avis offers ski racks on vehicles available at select locations. Please check with the rental location or feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org - we'll call the depot for you! We'll answer your email in one business day.
Prepay for a full tank of gas at the rental location. The price is based on an estimate of current prices and the average tank size for the car class reserved. This charge may change at time of rental due to current fuel prices. Car should be returned empty as no refund is given for unused fuel.
Collision Damage Waiver
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) is not insurance. The purchase of CDW is optional and not required in order to rent a vehicle.
You may purchase optional CDW for an additional fee of from $24.99 to $30.99.
Thunder Bay Intl airport (YQT) CDW2 is from $12.95 per day.
Regina Intl Arpt (YQR) from from $13.95 per day
If you purchase CDW Alamo agree, subject to the actions that invalidate CDW listed on the rental agreement, to contractually waive your responsibility for all or part of the cost of damage to, loss or theft of, the vehicle. DW does not apply to damage occurring in Mexico.
When deciding whether or not to purchase DW, you may wish to check with your insurance representative or credit card company to determine whether, in the event of damage to, or theft of, vehicle, you have coverage or protection for such damage or theft and the amount of your deductible or out-of-pocket risk.
Personal Accident Insurance/Personal Effects Coverage
The purchase of Personal Accident Insurance/Personal Effects Coverage (PAI/PEC) is optional and not required to rent a vehicle. This can be added at the counter for $6.99 per day.
This is a summary only and is subject to all provisions, limitations and exceptions of the PAI & PEC policies. Upon request, a copy of the policies is available for review. PAI & PEC may provide a duplication of coverage already furnished by a personal insurance policy, comprehensive homeowner's or tenant's policy or some other source. Benefits available under the PAI & PEC, however, will be paid in addition to those received from any other source. Employees, agents or endorsees of vehicle owner (as defined in the rental agreement) are not qualified to evaluate the adequacy of renter's insurance.
PAI provides you and your passengers with Accidental Death, Accident Medical Expenses and Ambulance Expense benefits. PEC insures the personal effects of Renter, or any member of Renter's immediate family who permanently resides in your household and who is traveling with you, against risks of loss or damage while in transit or in a building (other than your personal residence), or locked in the Vehicle.
PAI Benefits: Renter Passenger
- Accidental Death, Not to exceed $100,000 $10,000
- Accident Medical Expenses, Not to exceed $3,500 $3,500
- Accident Ambulance Expense, Not to exceed $150 $150
- Accident Aggregate, not to exceed $130,000 per accident.
- PEC Benefits:
- $600 per person; $1,800 maximum coverage for all covered individuals during the Rental Period.
Feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com we'll call the depot for you! We'll answer in one business day.