Best Cars for Beach Lovers in Canada
We all know that Canada is known for its amazing scenery, where its beaches are no exception. From beaches perfect for swimming to locations filled with mind-blowing scenery, there is something for everyone. VroomVroomVroom shows you the must-see locations to visit on a road trip to Canada.
Parlee Beach - New Brunswick
Did you know that Parlee Beach has the warmest water in all of Canada? If those perfect temperatures aren’t enough to draw you in, the range of activities, places to camp, and trails to explore truly make this place one of a kind.
Recommended car: Because the drive from Moncton is short, you would only need a compact car to get you from A to B. If you have more luggage and are staying a bit longer, a compact SUV would be the way to go.
Useful tips: So, why is the water so warm here? The beach is set on the Acadian coast which is where a shallow area of water on the Northumberland Strait warms up super quick. The current brings it to Parlee Beach making the water nice and warm.
- You’ll find Parlee Beach in Shediac which is a quaint town filled with laid back vibes.
- This town is famously known for its lobster. We recommend grabbing some seafood and having a beach picnic or going to Captain Dan's for an amazing seafood dinner after a lazy day at the beach.
- The area is a great place to bring the family. You could easily spend a week or two here or just pass through on a day trip.
Getting there: You can pick up your rental car from Moncton which is just a 21-minute drive from the beach. Follow NB-15 E to Chemin Ohio/NB-140 N in Shediac. Take exit 37 from NB-15 E. Follow Chemin Ohio/NB-140 N to Parlee Beach Road.
Sombrio Beach - British Columbia
With a hidden waterfall and a black sand beach, Sombrio is a magical location to visit. Set in British Columbia, this place has amazing waves as well as a gorgeous forest in its surrounds.
Recommended car: An SUV is recommended as it will handle the drive to the beach the best. The road to the beach can get bumpy which makes an SUV perfect for this road trip.
Useful tips: In order to find the hidden waterfall, you will need to walk down to the beach and turn left. Walk for about 20 minutes and you will see a stream that flows to the beach. There’s a path near the creek that you will need to follow. Walk through the canyon to reach the waterfall.
- The juxtaposition between the black sand and greenery is stunning. Some people love to come to the beach and watch storms rolling in where others camp for a few days.
- The hidden waterfall makes this place that little bit more special.
- Aside from the beach, you can explore the stunning forest that the beach backs onto. You’ll never run out of things to do at Sombrio Beach.
Getting there: Pick your car hire in Vancouver and drive to Swartz Bay. From there, you will need to take the Tsawwassen ferry. Follow BC-17 and Rte 1 N/Trans-Canada Hwy/BC-1 N to W Shore Pkwy in Langford. Follow Juan De Fuca Hwy/BC-14 W to your destination in Port Renfrew.
Bennett Beach - Yukon
Searching for a beach full or soft sand and pristine water? Bennett Beach will be your dream come true. Locals recommend spending the whole day here to check out everything on offer.
Recommended car: Treat yourself to a luxury car on your road trip to Bennett Beach. The drive from Whitehorse to Bennett Beach is stunning where a luxury car makes the experience magical.
Useful tips: Did you know that this location was a gold mining hotspot? Aside from its rich history, the location has heaps of amenities nearby for a comfortable visit.
- On one side of the beach is Carcross which is a small town filled with history. You’ll be able to check out the many art galleries and grab a bite to eat.
- The beach itself is long which means, even at busy times, there is more than enough room for everyone.
- The water is at its warmest in July to August, however, you might want to wear a wetsuit depending on the weather in summer.
Getting there: You can pick up your car rental from Whitehorse. From there head west towards 4 Ave. Turn left at the 1st cross street onto 4 Ave. Turn right onto Klondike Hwy/YT-2 S (signs for Yukon Territory 2 S/Carcross/Tagish/Skagway).