*NOTE: The below is the Terms & Conditions for United States
Fox Terms & Conditions
The below T&Cs (including prices and taxes) are provided by Fox Rent a Car and may change without notice to VroomVroomVroom.ca.
This quote includes:
- All taxes, airport taxes and surcharges if applicable
- Stated mileage amount (generally unlimited, see below for extra mileage charges)
- Vehicle Registration fee
- One way fees if applicable
- All vehicle fees related to the booking e.g. Vehicle drop fees, all recovery fees, premium location fees, corporate location fees wherever applicable.
This quote will not include:
- Insurance (See next paragraph*)
- Child seats or booster seats (can be purchased after confirmation for generally $7.00 US per day).
- An age surcharge of around $14.00 per day plus local tax and surcharges for renters under 25 years of age.
- Any extras signed up for upon arrival, e.g GPS at around $9.99 per day plus local tax and surcharges.
* Important information about car rental insurance
For US citizens
Some US credit cards and personal car insurance policies do provide car rental insurance so please check with your credit card provider and personal auto insurance policy for details.
Visiting the US from another country
It is illegal to drive in the US without car insurance. Your travel insurance probably only covers the excess so check the fine print in your travel insurance policy.
For more information please see our U.S. car rental insurance guide.
All renters/drivers will be required, at the time of rental, to supply a valid driver license (U.S., or Country License accompanied with an International license and passport)
Minimum age for renters and drivers to book through VroomVroomVroom.ca is 21.
NOTE: Minimum Age for renters and drivers is 19. Renters under 25 are subject to an underage surcharge. Please Age Surcharge section below. Renters below 19 can book directly through Fox Rent a Car.
Additional drivers must meet all qualifications as the primary driver in regards to age and license requirements. Additional drivers are not permitted when using a Debit Card or Cash as payment at the time of rental. Charges for Additional Drivers -
USD/10.00 per day in Colorado, Florida, Nevada and Utah.
USD/8.00 per day in Arizona and Washington.
There is no charge for California locations.
Minimum Age for renters and drivers is 19. Minimum age for renters and drivers on government orders is 18. Renters and drivers under the age of 25 are subject to an underage charge of USD/14.00 per day.
Payment Policy - Credit Cards
1. Valid drivers license and credit card must be in the same name.
2. Credit card must have available funds of USD/200.00 or estimated amount of rental charges plus USD/100.00
whichever is greater. If renters primary residence is within 150 mile radius of the rental location the Credit Card must have available funds of USD/300.00 or estimated amount of rental charges plus USD/100.00 whichever is greater. Address as stated on renters valid drivers license will be referenced to determine renters primary residence.
3. At time of rental credit card funds will be taken as a deposit against rental charges. All required available funds will be captured as a deposit at time of rental. Unused funds will be returned through the credit card processor after vehicle return. Due to bank processing it can take between 2 to 5 days to appear on your account when using this form of payment.
NOTE - Address as stated on renters valid drivers license will be referenced to determine renters primary residence.
NOTE - All required available funds will be captured as a deposit at time of rental. Unused funds will be returned through the credit card processor after vehicle return. Due to bank processing it can take between 2 to 5 days to appear back on your account when using this form of payment.
NOTE - Fox do not accept the miniature key tag style credit cards.
Payment Policy - Debit Cards
In order to use a Debit Card as a method of payment at Time of Rental the following policy must be met -
1. Debit Card must have a Visa, Master Card or Discover logo.
2. Debit Card and Drivers License must be in same name.
3. Renters must present a return airline ticket/confirmation - actual or electronic ticket in renters name - OR If you do not present a return airline ticket/confirmation or your primary residence is within 150 miles of the rental location FOX will check your credit through Equifax Credit Information Services. The inquiry is posted on the customers credit report and may have an effect on the customers credit evaluation. In the event that a customers credit inquiry fails to meet our Debit Card criteria, the customer will not be allowed to rent unless they provide a major credit card in their own name. Address as stated on renters valid drivers license will be referenced to determine renters primary residence.
4. Debit Card must have available funds to be taken as a deposit at time of rental in the amount of -
Return Airline Ticket - USD/200.00 or estimated amount of rental charges plus USD/100.00 whichever is greater.
Credit Inquiry Thru Equifax - renter lives within 150 miles of rental location - USD/400.00 plus estimated amount of rental charges to be taken as a deposit at time of rental. Rental on a credit inquiry is permitted of vehicle classes Economy, Compact, Midsize, Standard, Full-size and Minivan only.
Upon return of the vehicle unused funds will be returned through the credit card processor. Due to your Banks processing standards for Debit Card transactions it can take up to 14 days for a credit to appear on your account. FOX will not be responsible for any returned check s or insufficient fund charges or bank fees related to this process.
NOTE - FOX does not allow rentals using a Debit Card to add additional drivers to the rental agreement.
NOTE - Fox debit card policy complies with all applicable U.S. federal and State Laws.
Vehicle rentals originating in the states Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, Utah and Washington can only be driven within the states of Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington and Wyoming. Vehicles originated in Florida must remain in the state of Florida.
FOX vehicle may be driven into Mexico, but only if you have purchased Mexico insurance.
Customers may drive a FOX vehicle into Canada, but only if the vehicle was rented from the FOX Seattle location.
Vehicles must be returned with the same amount of fuel as at the start of the rental to avoid refueling charges.
Insurance Coverage Options by Fox
Please note: These are offered by the supplier direct - at the car rental pickup or by contacting:
- (within USA) toll free:
- 800.225.4369 Ext.1
- (outside USA):
- 310.641.3838 Ext.1
Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) FOX offers to all renters LDW, Loss Damage Waiver, which for an additional daily charge relieves the renter of all financial responsibility for the loss or damage to the rental car, as long as the vehicle is used in accordance with the terms of the Rental Agreement. Cost - USD/9.00 to USD/23.00 per rental day depending on the vehicle type and rental location - the exact amount is available with your car quote.
Rental Liability Protection (RLP) Primary insurance protecting you against claims made by third party for bodily injury and/or property damage sustained while operating the rental vehicle, up to the required financial responsibility limits of the state in which the vehicle is rented. RLP does not cover all situations that may arise while operating a rental vehicle. Cost - USD/12.99 per rental day.
NOTE - In Colorado and Florida vehicles are supplied with liability coverage that meets state minimums. The renter is financially responsible for all damages not covered under the liability policy including, but not limited to the FOX rental vehicles full value.
Supplemental Liability Protection (SLP) - Provides coverage for 3rd party automobile claims for the difference between the primary liability limits provided under the renters own personal policy and a maximum combined single limit of one million dollars for bodily injury and/or property damage but does not cover all situations that may arise while operating a rental vehicle. Cost - USD/11.99 to USD/12.99 per rental day depending on the rental location.
Personal Accident/Personal Effects Protection (PAC) - Personal Accident Coverage provides accidental death and accidental medical expense benefit to the renter and their passenger (s). The death and medical expense benefit will both pay in addition to any other coverage that might be applicable to the renter or passengers. Personal Effects Coverage offers limited protection against damage to personal effects owned by the renter, as well as immediate family members of the renter, who permanently reside in the renters household and are traveling with the renter. Cost - USD/4.99 per rental day.
Baby, Child and Booster Seats
These can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or easier still - reply to your confirmation email. Please advise the age of your baby or child. Currently costs are around $8.99 per day plus local tax and surcharges.
These can be requested by emailing email@example.com or easier still - reply to your confirmation email. Currently costs are $9.99 per day plus local tax and surcharges.