7-Day Road Trip from Toronto to Miami
Whether you're planning a day trip, weekend getaway or week-long vacation, a road trip from Toronto to Miami is not to be missed. Here, you will find an abundance of big city excitement, small town charm, rich historic attractions, and natural beauty. To help you create a once in a lifetime experience, VroomVroomVroom shares this self-drive itinerary so you can make most of your driving adventure.
Toronto to Miami Itinerary:
- Day 1: Toronto
- Day 2 : Beckley, West Virginia
- Day 3: Charlotte, North Carolina
- Day 4: Columbia, South Carolina
- Day 5: Savannah, Georgia
- Day 6: Brunswick, Georgia
- Day 7: Miami, Florida
Day 1: See amazing art works at The Royal Ontario Museum
- There is no shortage of fun things to see and do in Toronto. If you're travelling in the city with a rental car, don't miss your chance to catch a bird's eye view of Toronto from the CN Tower, visit the collection at the Royal Ontario Museum, or sample some beer in the Distillery District.
- You can also visit the town of Niagara-on-the-Lake, which is only 20 minutes drive north from the famous falls. The region is known for its wineries and a popular must-stop for those who want to see the Niagara Falls.
- If you are arriving into Beckley, West Virginia from Toronto, the nearest international crossings for you are at Niagara Falls and Fort Erie. Keep in mind that crossing an international border in a car rental is not complicated provided you have the required documents and have permission from your supplier. Read our Border Crossings to learn more.
Day 2 : Shop till you drop in Beckley, West Virginia
- Known as a major shopping and entertainment center in southern West Virginia, you can't miss the wonderful town of Beckley. Have a taste of West Virginia for the best Mountain State cuisine and shop thousands of handmade crafts in Tamarack, only a 10-minute from the town via VW-3 W/Harper Road.
- If you love spending time hiking, rafting, rock climbing and just being in the great outdoors, you may head into the New River Gorge, less than a half hour from Beckley.
- Other best things to see in Beckley include the Grandview National Park, Bluestone State Park, Little Beaver State Park, and Beckley Exhibition Coal Mine and Youth Museum. Seeing the historic State Capitol in Charleston should also be on your to-do list.
Day 3 : Take a ride on Carowinds' Fury 325 in Charlotte
- Looking for outdoor adventure or family fun? Charlotte is one of the best places to visit in North Carolina. Experience and ride the frightening Fury 325 deemed as the tallest and fastest giga coaster in the world at Carowinds Amusement Park. Or you may want to have a look at the Charlotte skyline from the top of Crowders Mountain State Park.
- If you love racing, the famous NASCAR Hall of Fame is worth a visit. Grab a wheel and drive a NASCAR race car at Charlotte Motor Speedway or take a NASCAR ride along for an unforgettable NASCAR experience. Or find time to see the Carolina Panthers play.
- Other top tourist attractions in Charlotte include the Charlotte Museum of History, Bechtler Museum of Modern Art, Levine Museum of the New South, Historic Rosedale Plantation, Discovery Place and Freedom Park.
Day 4: Stroll along the Lake Murray in Columbia
- If you are searching for some southern charm on your next vacation, this capital city of South Carolina is sure to fascinate you with a relaxing pace. There are plenty of fun activities to enjoy here such as biking along the Lake Murray River dam, or a peaceful picnic lunch at Riverfront Park.
- Rich with historic attractions, take a stroll and connect with Columbia's past with Historic Columbia. Or head to the South Carolina State Museum.
- There's also no shortage of events and festivals in South Carolina. Locals and visitors alike love attending the Festival of Flowers, Greek Festival, Rosewood Crawfish Festival, Blues Festival, International Festival, South Carolina State Fair, Chitlin Strut, and Dickens Christmas Show and Festivals.
Day 5: Get a scoop of the famous Tutti Frutti Ice Cream in Savannah
- History lovers will find plenty of things to do in Georgia, especially in the oldest city of Savannah. Packed with many historic attractions, great museums and delicious restaurants, begin your day by visiting the beautiful Savannah Historic District.
- Stop by the Forsyth Park, Savannah Waterfront, The University of Georgia Aquarium and Old Fort Jackson.
- Spend an afternoon at The Owens-Thomas House or find time to take in the beauty of the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist. Don't forget to take a food tour as well. Try the PB&J Chicken Wings at Treylor Park or eat Turri Frutti Ice Cream at Leopolds.
Day 6: Enjoy charter fishing in Brunswick
- Famous for its attractively restored and maintained Victorian-era Old Town Historic District, the charming coastal town of Brunswick is also worth a visit.
- By day, you can go fishing with any of Brunswick's local charters, or try shrimpin' aboard the Lady Jane. By night, go see a show at the historic Ritz Theatre, which can be found within the Old Town Brunswick National Register District.
- Other tourist and nearby attractions in Brunswick include the Blythe Island Regional Park, Driftwood Beach, Fort Frederica National Monument, and St. Simons Island Lighthouse.
Day 7: Check out the best Art Deco buildings in Miami
- An approximately 6-hour drive from Brunswick via Florida's Turnpike and I-95 S, the city of Miami offers a dose of excitement and beauty filled with colorful architecture, museums, parks, golf courses, restaurants, and fabulous beaches.
- You can explore the parks, including the Bayfront Park, Flamingo Park, Biscayne National Park and Amelia Earhart Park. Or if you want to hunt down the best Art Deco buildings in Miami, go visit the Park Central Hotel, the Bass Museum, the Delano, the Webster, the Colony, the Raleigh, and the Breakwater.
- Tennis enthusiasts can catch their favorite players at the Miami Open while foodies can take advantage of Miami's best foods and drinks. Of course, no visit to Miami is complete with a stop at the iconic South Beach.
Map of Toronto to Miami Road Trip
Do you know that you can download this map directly to your phone? Press the box symbol located on the top-right corner of this map to open in your Google Maps app. Now you can easily access this map on your next road trip adventure from Toronto to Miami.
Travel time and distance: 22 hours and 23 minutes / 2,391.1 km via I-95 S