- Credit card - do I need one?
Yes and no. You do not need a credit card to make the booking.
Most agencies require that you provide a major credit card when you when you pick up your car. The credit card should be under the same name as the primary renter.
Some suppliers are now accepting debit cards backed by Visa/MasterCard for your car rentals. Please check our suppliers' Terms and Conditions for more information, OR let us do it for you! Email your booking number to us at help@VroomVroomVroom.com - and we'll let you know in one business day.
- Debit card - can I use one?
Our suppliers may accept debit card but it may not be all locations. If a debit card is accepted, it should be in the same name as the renter. Debit Card must have a Visa, MasterCard or Discover logo. Pre-paid or store card styles are not accepted.
Payment by debit card may require a bond to be paid at the start of the rental, and refunded on return. The bond can be up to $500.00 on top of the estimated rental charges, or even the amount of the excess, depending on the supplier and location. THESE FUNDS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USE. When the rental is over, suppliers will process the reversal, but it could take up to two weeks, depending on your bank's policies. There are instances where suppliers will perform credit check for debit card renters.
Some airport locations allow a debit card with proof of a round trip travel ticket while non-airport locations will sometimes allow customers to use debit cards with a recent utility bill.
To clarify if Debit card is accepted for your rental - and the conditions of use, email your booking number to us at help@VroomVroomVroom.com - and we'll let you know in one business day.
- Is it free to book? YES YES YES!YES! There is no payment to VroomVroomVroom - ever! Our service is free! Your credit card is debited at the either the pickup, or drop off of the car. There are no cancellation charges.
- What if I need to cancel?
There are no cancellation fees for bookings on VroomVroomVroom! Please let us know if you need your reservation cancelled and we would be happy to assist you with that. There are 3 ways to cancel:
- go to your confirmation email, scroll to "cancel or modify" this booking
- just email us at Help@VroomVroomVroom.com.
- OR, click here to cancel online
- What is included?Our prices include: taxes, surcharges, fees, and the cost to rent the car. The daily rate displayed is the cost of the car rental - net of taxes. We also display the total inclusive of taxes - so that you are not surprised at the final stage when taxes are included - as some other sites do.
You may or may not need to take extra insurance for your rental, this depends on your personal circumstances.
See our car rental insurance page for more information.If you have insurance currently then there is no extra charges added. Although there are options of adding additional insurance at the time of pick up. If you uncertain about your insurance coverages than please contact your insurance carrier before picking up your car
- Is there a bond or deposit?
The deposit or bond is put down at the time of car rental pick up. It is an amount (usually the rental plus between $200 and $500) that is held until the car is returned according to the terms of the Rental Agreement. The car rental company will place a hold on your deposit amount (some charge upfront), and you will not have access to these funds until the car is returned, and the banks release them back to your account. This usually takes only a couple of days, however some institutions can take up to 14 days or 28 days for overseas banks.
Ask our team for assistance, or email to HELP@VroomVroomVroom.com - we'll respond in one business day.
- What license do I need?
You must provide an open and current license in English.
- If you have a probationary, or provisional license - or it is not an original license, it will not be accepted.
- If your license is not in English, you must provide a current International Driving Permit.
- If your address is not current on the license, the suppliers will require a document such as a billing statement with current address.
- Can I nominate an additional driver?
Only the person named as driver on the rental agreement with the rental company is insured to drive the hire vehicle. However, additional drivers can be nominated and are charged a fee per day to cover the cost of additional insurance. The cost for an additional driver varies by rental company. It can be anywhere between around $10.00 - $13.00 per day, excluding taxes and surcharges.
For some of our suppliers, the following are exempt from the fee but must meet all other driver requirements: spouse, domestic partner, renter's employer or fellow employee, or designated driver of a renter with disability.
If you'd like to know more -
Ask our chat staff for assistance, or email to HELP@VroomVroomVroom.com - we'll respond in one business day.
- How old do I need to be to rent a car?
In most cases you need to be a minimum of 25 years old BUT you can still rent a car in most states if you are over 21 years old. In this case a mandatory surcharge usually applies and the in ability to lower excess charges may also apply. This varies from company to company. Some vehicle types may also be restricted.
- What is a young driver surcharge, or the age surcharge?A young driver surcharge is payable by all drivers under the age of 25. The surcharge varies considerably across rental companies. The exact cost can be found in the terms and conditions attached to the booking. Fees vary at locations, but it is around $15.00 - $25.00 per day, excluding taxes and surcharges. If you'd like more information, ask our chat staff for assistance, or email to Help@VroomVroomVroom.com - we'll respond in one business day.
- Why are flight details important?
Delays can occur if no flight numbers are available. Also, if your flight is delayed, staff will ensure a staff member is available for a confirmed reservation. If you will be delay for longer than an hour, it is always best to contact the supplier (Hint: contact them in the airport you are leaving).
If you don't know it at the time of booking, reply to the confirmation email with the correct flight arrival - and our team will add it for you!
- How do I modify my booking?
The easiest way to modify or cancel your booking is by clicking the "modify or cancel" link in your confirmation email. These links will take you directly to the appropriate suppliers web pages to a change or cancel. Alternatively, there are no cancellation fees on VroomVroomVroom, so - check ALL suppliers for your new dates/times - there may be a better deal! Please feel free to ask our team to help by reply to the confirmation email with your required changes! We always check for the best deal, and we will reply in one business day!
- How do I add a child seat or gps to my booking?Child seats and GPS can only be added once you have made a booking. The cost of the seat will be added on top of the quote we give you. Once you have your reservation number, either contact your supplier directly, or let us do it!
Please feel free to ask our team to help by reply to the confirmation email with your requirements (the supplier will need the child ages for seats please)! We will reply in one business day.
- I Want To Hire A Van Or Minibus?7 and 8 seat vans are offered on our comparison. When you run a search using our search box, all available vans will be included. Access them by scrolling down the comparison to the VAN listed car group.
For minibus, you may contact our suppliers directly for inquiries using our Contact Us page as we don't directly offer them on our comparison.
- I can't see the car I want?
Suppliers send the available cars to the VroomVroomVroom based on the travel details you entered on our search box. If the vehicle group is sold out, nor unavailable at that location, it will not display.
- Can I make a reservation for a One Way car rental?
Most suppliers allow one-way rental for neighboring locations. To find out if your one-way rental is possible, please visitwww.VroomVroomVroom.com - enter the pickup location and please take out the tick of *Return to same Location* then enter the return location.
One way fees are included in TOTAL cost. Suppliers include one way fees in rates sent to the car rental display, if they apply
- Can I hire a car today?
Most locations require at least 3 hours notice before pick up, some are 24 hrs. When you run your search, those that can confirm your booking will come up in the available list. If nothing comes up as available, it means that there isn't enough time, so you would need to contact the depot directly.
- Can I get a complete "quote" without entering any credit card details?Yes, you can for all of our suppliers. However, the prices are only locked in by confirming a booking. It is free to book, and free to cancel - best way to lock in a rate, is add you name to it!
- I'm confused about the US and Canadian Border.
Click here, this is covered at our Canadian and US border page.
- Is your site secure?
Yes, when you enter your details, they are sent using high encryption SSL. Since we never ask for your credit car to rent a car, we're even more secure. VroomVroomVroom is one of the few booking websites where we DON'T ask for your credit card number.
- When I book and the page says 'unable to book' and to call you?
Our suppliers operate on a supply and demand basis. If you book and the page says 'unable to book', it may mean
- you may be trying to use a time that has passed, future times only accepted
- the supplier may require the flight arrival number to lock in your booking,
- their may be restrictions if you already have a booking in your name with that supplier,
- someone was probably trying to book the same car at the time of your search. What you can do is try again and book the next car on your search list. The price can change regularly, but that's how supply and demand works...
Ask our chat staff for assistance, or email to HELP@VroomVroomVroom.com - we'll respond in one business day.
- Can I extend my rental after I have collected it?If you need to extend after the car is picked up - you must call the supplier's depot where the car was collected. Your confirmed rental rate applies only to the exact reservation period specified. Keeping the vehicle past the confirmed return date may subject you to a higher daily and/or weekly charge.
- Can I drive into another country in my hire car?
Some suppliers will allow travelling across border like Canada or Mexico depending on the location and the supplier. Usually depots close to the border allow their cars to be driven into another country. It's best if you would notify the rental staff where you intend to rent a vehicle, as some suppliers will require and provide written authorization.
If you are granted permission by the renting location, additional rental qualifications may apply. You will need to have proof of citizenship, the car rental agreement and your driver's license with you when you cross the border. Check for more information here: Information on Canadian and US border. If you need to plan, ask for assistance by email to HELP@VroomVroomVroom.com - we'll respond in one business day.
- What are the options available for car rental excess cover?
If you would need to purchase insurance, our suppliers offer different types at different rates, depending on the type of vehicle you're renting. For example:
CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) and LDW (Loss Damage Waiver) are offered anywhere between USD10.00 - USD 30.00 per day
PAI (Personal Accident Insurance) - are offered from around USD 5.00- USD 10.00 per day
PEC (Personal Effects Coverage) - coverage for your personal items inside the car, from theft or damage, offered at USD5.00 - USD12.00 per day
- I have not received my confirmation email?
Your VroomVroomVroom booking is transmitted "live" from each car rental company's reservation system. You should receive a confirmation email immediately after making a booking.
If by any chance you did not receive a confirmation email in your inbox, kindly check your SPAM folder as sometimes the email gets redirected there.
If you are unable to find the confirmation email even in your SPAM folder, please contact us via chat or email HELP@VroomVroomVroom.com so we can resend the email for you.
- GLOSSARYAdditional Driver
When there is more than one driver associated with a rental, the second and any subsequent drivers are referred to as the additional driver(s). There may be a charge applied for additional drivers.
Airport Surcharge / Airport Recovery Fees
An additional charge will apply at certain airport locations to ALL fees associated with the rental and included during the quoting process at time of reservation.
The location and/or time from when a rental starts.
The location and/or time, from when a rental ends.
US Car rental vehicles all have mandatory third party cover as a result of insurance inclusions within national credit cards. You may increase your level of insurance when you pick up your vehicle, for an extra fee.
To rent a vehicle at one location and to return it at another is referred to as a one- way rental.
A service provided at check-in which enables a customer to return a vehicle which does not have a full tank of fuel.
The formal contract, signed by Company and the renter at the time of check-out, which shows the terms of the rental.
Normally, a 24-hour period which starts at the time of check-out, however can also apply to a rental period that is of several hours' duration.
Normally, the total of rental days, however can also apply to a rental of several hours' duration.
The conditions imposed by a rental location, or country, in order to satisfy their legal requirements. Details of these can be obtained from each renting Company.