Compare Rates to Find a Cheap Car Rental at Victoria Airport
VroomVroomVroom compares car rental at Victoria International Airport from top suppliers such as Budget, Hertz, Avis, National and Enterprise. Our booking system is easy to use and lets you easily compare cheap car rental deals in one, convenient location.
Victoria International Airport is the 10th busiest airport in Canada, serving many domestic and international destinations. Years ago, the airport was called Patricia Bay Airport, and now 16 airlines operate out of the airport and more than a million passengers travel through annually.
Benefits of renting a car at Victoria International Airport
Save time and money by comparing car rentals at the airport with VroomVroomVroom. Here are some of the reasons why our customers book with us.
- No booking fees: When you book online through us you will not have to pay any booking fees. In addition to that, you can cancel for free as long as you do it 48 hours prior to pickup.
- Great prices: Our Price Promise can help you find the best rates in Canada. In addition, we only compare car rental deals from leading car hire agencies.
- More options: Check our location pages for more tips on where you can travel in Canada and what to do when you get there.
- You are protected: Your privacy is also important us, thus your personal information is secured by our site's SSL high encryption software.
- Excellent customer assistance: If you have any issues with or booking or need help in finding a top car rental at Victoria Airport, just contact us via phone, email or live chat. You may also leave us a message on Facebook or Twitter.
Driving tips at Victoria Airport
At Victoria Airport, you'll find the rental car companies' counters just across from the Information desk in Arrivals. In addition, the airport is served by Enterprise Rent a Car, which is located off-airport. Their customer pick-up area is across the crosswalk at the terminal building's Arrivals end. The airport recommends that if you need accessible car rental options, you should contact Budget at least 24 hours in advance, or Avis at least 48 hours in advance.
Once you've picked up the car rental you booked using VroomVroomVroom, downtown Victoria is just 22 kilometers away from Victoria International Airport. You'll probably take Highway 17 (Pat Bay Highway) into the city, and by car rental it's normally a drive of 20 minutes when traffic is good, although it can be a 40-minute drive in heavy traffic. If you've been to Victoria before, be aware that in 2011 the province built a new interchange where McTavish Road (the airport's main access road) meets Highway 17.
Have fun in Victoria in a reliable rental car
If you find yourself hungry after you've picked up your car rental and left Victoria International Airport, you can find a lot of great restaurants in the city. But what if you want to have a bite to eat in the airport's “neighborhood”? Try one of these fantastic recommendations in nearby Sidney!
Mary's Bleue Moon Café is a great place to drive your car rental, especially for lunch. This local favorite is one of the top-rated restaurants near Victoria International Airport!
Another great choice is the Dish Cookhouse, and this diner is also top-ranked in Sidney. It specializes in great breakfast food! Or, if you're in the mood for some English-style seafood, you could drive your car rental over to Salty's Fish & Chips for some quality fish and chips or panko shrimp! Last but not least, drive over to the Spitfire Grill Restaurant, another great place to eat and you can even watch planes taking off and landing at Victoria International!
Victoria International Airport also wishes to notify travelers, including car rental customers, that when leaving the airport and heading to Highway 17, you will encounter a traffic roundabout. Intersections with a “modern roundabout” are popping up in British Columbia, and reduce delays and major accidents.
Here are the two things you need to know:
- When entering the roundabout, you must yield to any traffic already in the roundabout.
- You must signal when preparing to exit the roundabout.