Finding a Reliable Car Rental in Ottawa Airport is Now Easy
We can help you compare all available rental cars in Ottawa Airport from top hire car agencies such as Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and Alamo. VroomVroomVroom is Canada's best way to compare car rental rates in Ottawa. Your cheap rental car will allow you to explore this beautiful city at your convenience.
Ottawa's Macdonald-Cartier International Airport (YOW) is one of Canada's six busiest airports, with over four million passengers travelling through the airport each year. Named after Sir John Macdonald and Sir George-Etienne Cartier, the airport has won a number of awards including the 2010 Airport Service Quality award, and third place in the 2015 Best Airports by region.
Why rent a car in Ottawa Airport at VroomVroomVroom?
Below are some of the fab reasons to book your car rental with us:
- No booking and modifications fees - We do not charge any booking fees when you book a rental car with us.
- You can also cancel for free as long as you do it 48 hours prior your pickup.
- VroomVroomVroom compares prices from all the leading car rental agencies in one place. Reserving your vehicle is quick and simple. Rental car depots are located conveniently across the street from Ottawa Airport's passenger terminal in the Parkade parking structure.
- Best prices guaranteed - We can provide the best rates to our customers. Read about our Price Promise for more information.
- High quality vehicles - We have carefully handpicked vehicles to assure our customers high quality cars. We only offer rental car deals from trusted brands.
- Friendly customer care team - Our live chat provides real people to help you with your booking instantly. Just contact us today!
Driving tips in Ottawa Airport
Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport is part of the increasingly busy air travel route from Toronto and Montreal. Many travellers to Ontario choose to fly to Ottawa, then book an affordable car rental and drive to Montreal, which is about 200 kilometers away. Toronto is another popular destination from Ottawa, with a driving distance of 430km along the 401 highway.
The airport is located about 20-30 minutes outside of central Ottawa. Visitors are advised that driving in the region during winter can be hazardous. Drivers should slow down and allow extra time for reaching their destination.
Here are delicious dining options close to Ottawa Airport
There are over 12 hundred good restaurants in Ottawa, but what are some great places to stop in for a bite to eat near the Ottawa airport? Here are a few of our suggested places to have a meal, or a few drinks if someone else is driving your rental car back to the hotel!
Restaurants & BarsThe Keg Steakhouse & Bar
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar has a few locations around Ottawa, but the closest one to Ottawa International is located at 376 Hunt Club Road. It's only 6 kilometers – a 10-minute drive – away. You'll find great service and get a great meal for a reasonable price at The Keg, so drive your cheap rental car there and enjoy!
Kallisto Greek Restaurant
Kallisto Greek Restaurant is also nearby the airport. When you've rented a car, truck, or SUV, just drive over to 2950 Bank Street – it's only 8 minutes from the airport, tucked into a strip mall – and enjoy this enjoyable Greek dining establishment that gets rave reviews from the locals! We recommend the tender, grilled octopus appetizer and the juicy, flavourful chicken souvlaki plate as an entrée, but you really can't go wrong here!
Other wonderful choices for a meal near the Ottawa International Airport include Vittoria Trattoria – a favorite Italian place – and Chef Bento for sushi. Try either one, depending on your mood and tastes! They're only a short drive away, thanks to the high-quality car rental you've booked at VroomVroomVroom.